Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mic Testing

Hmmmm.. So I suddenly remembered that I have a blog. *sigh. I haven't even been here in three years. A lot of things definitely have happened between then and now and I hope you guys would kindly brush off the cobwebs and take a sit. I have no particular idea for this post so I will just wing it. Recently I was with a couple of friends and we argued back and forth on the possibility of someone's life changing within the blink of an eye. As a stock trader I know for a fact that this is indeed possible. An uptrending stock could change its course literally within the blink of an eye, which is why speed and focus is key if one is to succeed in the markets (I broke that down as much as I could).

Maybe in everyday living, my idea might be too dramatic but then, given that the events that lead to life shattering moments are take time to run their courses, doesn't the realization hit us within the blink of an eye. It is true that a lot of things can not be controlled but don't we owe it to ourselves to take care of those things within our capacity? I see careless living as the order of the day, it seems everyone's motto is to live on the edge, it is almost as if we forget that we don't own ourselves, we are only stewards of our bodies, time, money, everything. None really is ours. I am sure that if we constantly remember this, we would live differently.

After ascertaining (to a large extent) that our lives can indeed change momentarily, it is very key that we have goals and rules to live by. Ever checked the lives of highly influential people? they are principled and hardworking, as humans, we are creatures of habits and if you live a carefree life, your subconscious registers it and you find yourself finding it hard to adhere to simple rules that are enforced by external forces. Don't we all know one or two friends that are most likely going to show up late for their own wedding ceremonies? The book "Outliers" tells us about the 10,000 hour rule of success. Permit me to infer that if you spend ten thousand hours just living life as it comes, you will become so good at being undisciplined. And I believe we all know that no one likes an undisciplined person, I know I don't

 You owe it to the master to take care of yourself in every respect, your body, soul and spirit need to be well catered  for. Dress well, eat well, exercise, read good books, attend seminars, let the father be pleased every time you approach the throne of grace and of course you know you will find help in times of need. Remember, life is short and anything could happen the next second, so as  the boy scouts say, Be prepared! Salute!

I promise it won't take me three years to do another post.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Nice, I agree with u there. Life is too short to live anyhow. This is truly inspiring, try to write more often pls.

    ReplyDelete